Thursday, February 5, 2009

Classes Starting Soon

Well I have confirmation. I will be starting my first class on February 14, 2009.

My first class will be Common Objects, Fun Toys. From what I understand this will be about making playtime fun, by not using bought toys.

I love that idea. It helps to let the baby know what different items are used for, and teaches them what is ok to play with or not.

Something I have caught myself doing the last little while. I have to watch what I say. You know, like if the little one is not learning something or doing something, how you can slip and say, you are lazy, everybody does for you. You know stuff like that.

If there is one thing I know for sure, and should always remember. Babies are soaking up knowledge constantly. And we as parents and caregivers should always., always, say to them how smart they are, teach them to believe in themselves, and always always teach them to succeed.

The right way and the best way is every time baby does something praise them and teach them by your voice and actions, how very proud of them you are. Constantly, teach them to believe and they will succeed.

I have made myself a promise to be on the watch and lookout over my tongue. My beloved grandson will grow up to believe in himself and succeed in his life.

Yes it is we grownups who unintentionally cause the action, reaction in our babies, by our careless words.

1 comment:

Beth (Elizabeth) LaMie said...

Congratulations on starting your classes to get certified. It is admirable that you are caring for your grandson so he doesn't have to be in daycare.

I am looking forward to hearing how the process goes for you and also finding out more about how much of a challenge you find watching him.

P.S. I really like the look of your blog!

Beth
http://onestoryatatime.blogspot.com